Wednesday 25 January 2012

Skiboarding 2012 day 7 - How to make friends and alienate people

The weather has really moved in on us now, can no longer see much at all.
Last night was a big piss up for Russell's birthday, we met at a restaurant in the middle of the town and as I met the others there I figured I could avoid the fancy dress. Alas, they brought mine with them. Bastards. Vicky and I had to get dressed in the restaurant before ordering. We did decline the clubs and pubs afterwards though.






As it was a piss up the night before it was a late start today, but today we would be in fancy dress!



From left to right we have: A Whoopie Cushion (Chris Douglas), A boring and Joyless person who refused to wear fancy dress (Phil Douglas), an, er, confusingly coloured cat (Vicky), A superheroine (Kate), A lost Penguin (Me), Kermit the Frog (Steve), Iron Man (Crispy), Bugs Bunny (Jane), A tiger with a Lions head - making it a Liger actually (Scott), A Mexican (Bluntly), A monkey (Dom) and Osama Bin Laden (Stubby). 
People loved the costumes, we had photos cheers and waves everywhere. However unfortunately we only managed a couple of runs, the weather is truly terrible now. In fact it has dumped several inches over the last hour or two and only seems to be getting worse, even the toboggan is shut due to high winds at the top. Whilst skiing today I did have my one and only stack of the holiday- unable to see bumps and divots ahead of me I gradually hit a hill, came to a slow stop and rolled on my side. It was a very graceful and slow maneuver but was unfortunately witnessed by others so it counts as a fall - or else I would deny it ever happened. However whilst laying in the snow on my side, contemplating the excuse for being in the snow on my side I got rammed in the spine by Kermit the frog (Steve in drag). So now I had the pain to go with the fall.
During their piss up last night it also occurred to them that our ski passes stop working today, so theirs no point hanging around and we are hoping to leave here early (for us) Saturday morning instead of hanging around until Saturday night. With the snow so thick on the ground already I have a feeling this may not go too smoothly for us. Also we all have battery concerns, for a while now (months) our Lolvo has been showing a 'battery low' warning if you sit in the car with the stereo on for a while. As the battery in the Lolvo appears to be one stolen from a battleship I fear this indicates it only has so long left to live. Both Crispy and Bluntly expressed concern over their batteries before leaving too, in Crispys case someone left an interior light on when they parked it so we know its gonna need a bump start but we haven't tried any of the others...
To pass the time I have pleasingly found a very cheap tat-shop and started wasting what little money I don't have. So far I have acquired a BB gun and ammo, Chris has acquired some bangers... Its a peach of a BB gun, even has a laser and torch. I intend to use it to storm the other apartments later and hold them hostage. With a combination of bangers and BB's they will be overcome by our shock-and-awe tactics and immediately surrender any cash they have remaining. With the cash we can purchase more ammo for the BB gun, and eventually upgrade enough to rob the French bank before leaving. Possibly.
We did go to the snowmobile place at the prescribed time, but it was cancelled due to the weather :(. "Le-Impossible" as the instructor reliably informed us after going out to see if it was clear. A shame, we had high hopes for breaking some expensive French-owned equipment.
Its just one more sleep to go till home time now, we have to be all packed up tonight so all we need to do is load the car in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment